1. What has been your most memorable experience whilst working with Vanguard Health? Please share any photos you have of this experience.
Working back in remote Aboriginal communities and being there long enough to build up relationships and trust with the elders and other members of the community.
2. Have you been able to travel and see parts of Australia you would not normally see? If so, please let us know about this....
As a long term Remote Area Nurse (RAN), I have been fortunate enough to see and experience a lot of remote Australia. I have not previously been to Milingimbi NT (my current placement) and it is a lovely community so that's a bonus.
3. Did Vanguard Health make is easy for you to travel? How did Vanguard Health make it easy for you?
Yes, Vanguard Health were pretty good re travel. Another positive note is that the Vanguard Health team were very quick to sort any problems and were always supportive.
4. What is the work culture like with Vanguard Health?
Head office are always supportive, encouraging and helpful. Being the nature of Nursing and a plethora of personalities, there have been a few instances of staff/personality issues which were sorted on site and importantly I felt very supported by Vanguard Health.
5. Did Vanguard Health offer you flexibility with your allocations?
Yes. I was always contacted and given opportunity to decide on allocations I accepted.
6. Did you feel supported by Vanguard Health? If so, how did we support you whilst on site?
Yes and when I did contact the team I never felt that I was an intrusion on anyone's day if I needed to make contact for any reason.
7. What advice would you give to a new recruit? What would you like to tell them when they begin with Vanguard Health?
If you have any questions or are unsure about anything whatsoever, speak to the appropriate person in Vanguard Health. If you are remote and have a Team Leader (hopefully they are nice) speak to your Team Leader and if they can't assist you they will suggest what to do and who to contact etc. Also, if remote then introduction/knowledge of Aboriginal and Torres Strait culture is essential.